Getting flat abs is not always as easy as it seems like it should be. There some tricks that can help you though. The following are some general guidelines that will help you in this endeavor. These are simple, easy to follow exercises that do not require special equipment or a fancy gym. You can do these at home, so it saves you from taking any extra time to make special trips somewhere else.
1. Examine your diet – It doesn’t matter how many abdomen exercises you do if your caloric intake far exceeds what you are burning off each day. It is critical to monitor this ratio of caloric intake with the amount of calories that you are actually getting rid of throughout the day. If you have a layer of fat around your mid-section, you will first need to address your diet and exercise program before any dramatic results can occur from any abdominal program. Herbalife
provides help with weight loss programs
should you need that help.
2. Improve Your Posture – Slouching exaggerates the stomachs natural inclination to pooch, which releases any tension in your abdomen muscles. You do not want to make this a habit because the abs should be working to self correct this type of action. Straightening up your posture will force your abs to be “working” all day long, without any further effort from you. Keep your shoulders back, your head aligned over your body and your body perpendicular to the ground.
3. Whole-Body Exercise – Don’t overlook other important muscles. The glutes and back muscles are other core muscles that contribute to a healthy abdomen. All of the core muscles of the abdomen can be strengthened through the use of the Pilates exercise program, which is comprehensive and also exercises the arms and legs for a whole-body work workout.
4. Try the Canoe Twist – Stand upright with your feet slightly apart. Interlock your fingers so that your arms will move in unison. Swing your interlocked hands, arms and shoulders over to the left, like you are rowing a canoe with a paddle. As your arms and shoulders swing in this downward motion, lift your left knee up and to the right to create a slight twisting motion in your midsection. Then perform the same movement to the right with your arms and lift the other leg up and to the left. Alternate for 20 repetitions.
5. Do the Cat Kick – Extend your arms like airplane wings and stand with feet together. Lift the right leg forward and sweep the arms forward, while extending the reach of your arms by thrusting your shoulders forward to complete this motion. As you do this, your spine should be flexing, with the motion of your shoulders moving forward, like a cat spine would do. The navel should be pressing inward, toward the spine. Open back up to the starting position and repeat with the left leg, alternating for 20 repetitions.
6. Practice the Pilates Zip Up – Stand upright with your heels together and your toes slightly turned out. Bring your arms up, keeping your hands together, underneath the chin. Press your arms down, keeping your hands and arms very close to your body. At the same time, lift your heels off from the ground, so that you are standing on the tip of your toes. Hold your position for two seconds at the top and then return to the starting position. The abs should go in and up, as the arms go down. Repeat this routine for 20 repetitions.
7. Props are Optional – You can engage your abs by standing straight and drawing your navel toward the spine. There is no need for fancy props to aid you in your workouts. Doing these simple exercises is sufficient, if you are patient and diligent in your efforts. Set Realistic Goals – There are no fast fixes. If you have been out of shape for quite some time, it is going to take considerably longer to get back where you want to be. Don’t be impatient. Take things slow and monitor even the smallest improvement. It’s not a race.
8. Implement Good Nutrition - Take two shakes a day
in place of your normal meals. Eat a healthy dinner with protein and plenty of color. Drink water throughout the day and you will begin to see your abs appear.